Monday 11 January 2016

Colourful Octagons Throw

Got your sunglasses on? I read somewhere the other day that it's a sign of getting old when you start gravitating towards really bright colours. Something to do with that eccentric crazy cat lady thing, I imagine. Whatever it is, I'm really drawn to colourful things- but then I think I always have been. I finished this throw a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. I came across the pattern quite by accident and as soon as I saw it in Sue Pinner's blog I knew I HAD to make it as it's just up my street. It was a CAL and all the details are still up. It's a brilliant pattern and it works up relatively quickly as it's done it chunky/bulky yarn. The giant flowers were done separately and sewn on afterwards. I loved Sue's colour choice and placement so I followed it exactly. I also love how it goes with my Attic 24 Raindrop Cushion which I made a while back in the same colours...









smile emoticon


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the burst of colors! Just right for this time of the year!

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous well done that hooker, glad you enjoyed it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sue! Looking forward to finishing my Bethany skirt now I'm home from holiday :-) x

      Delete